Saturday, October 28, 2006

Go Jo Go!

Last weekend my buddy Jodie ran the Chicago marathon (for the third or fourth year?). Every year Joel and I travel around and try to see her at different points around Chicago. This year Joel was away at a conference but we (me and Jodie's friend, Bill) still managed to see Jodie at miles 10, 17, and the finish line! It was soooo cold. At one point we looked at the temperature and it was 39 degrees. Imagine running a marathon in that weather-yikes. Jodie did great! She was in the preferred start since she did so well last year-and this year she did pretty well. Under four hours!!! Woo hoo!

Anyway, I still didn't get marathon fever. It really doesn't appeal to me at all-but tomorrow I start training for an olympic distance triathlon! IT's a huge commitment to complete even the "base" training for it (10-15 hours per week) but I really want to challenge myself so I'm going to do it!

No comments: