Friday, August 25, 2006

Amazing Adventures-Part Duh


First and foremost-I'M HOME!! Back in Chicago for the weekend-going to celebrate my godson Anderson's amazing life tomorrow at the LUAU!

Okay back to my chronicles...

SATURDAY

After our tour of parks on Saturday we went back to my 'hood and ate at my favorite Thai place. It was good stuff. Then we went back to my house and watched the new Pride & Prejudice. Nora had never seen it and I've seen it about 25 times but could definitely watch it many more...

SUNDAY

We got up early and headed to the ferry terminal to take the ferry to Bainbridge Island and then drive to Olympic National Park. It was an early morning ferry and there really weren't very many people on it. As you can see from the above picture-mom and nora were wusses-Nora thought it was too cold. I took that picture standing on the deck looking in on them. As you can see, I did finally get them out on the deck for a bit-and if you look to the left of them (their right) you can see the Mountain. It made an appearence for us on the way to Bainbridge! How nice of it. Once we reached the island we stopped at the Blackbird bakery and had a GREAT blueberry lemon scone, cinnamon roll, and orange roll. It was fantastic. Mom and Nora read the paper while I tried hard not to read anything!

Then we headed north and west towards the park and the ocean. We stopped at the Visitor center and got a suggestion for lunch at Lake Crescent Lodge and then we headed up to Hurrican ridge. It was breathtaking-the views of the Olympics and it was a beautiful day.We hiked over the ridge for views of the water and Port Angeles and then headed back down and made our way towards the Rainforest. There are lots of different climates in the park. Rainforests, oceans, mountains, it's really crazy. So we drove and stopped at Lake Crescent Lodge for lunch. Lake Crescent is a huge lodge in the middle of the park and it was so beautiful. The water was really clear and warm. I wanted to take a swim but we settled for lunch and looks.

Then we headed to the rainforest. I guess the rainforest doesn't get much rain in the summer. The moss was pretty brown and we didn't get to see any of those giant yellow and black banana slugs that the rainforest is so famous for! But we did take a nice walk and saw some really large trees and it was still nice and green!

Overall it was a great visit. I wish we had more time but we sure filled up the time we did have!

No comments: