Wednesday, July 12, 2006

joel-hiker extraordinaire


This picture made me laugh because I couldn't figure out why Joel has his hands on his hips. If you look closely you can see the trail we took and the outlook/fire tower we hiked to. It was an awesome hike-I highly recommend it if you ever go to Mt. Ranier National Park.

In other news...because the trip to Mt. Ranier is almost old news, I discovered a new coffee shop with free internet. It's called cafe Allegro and it's off the "Ave" (the main street in the University District where I live) and faces an alley which makes it semi-sketchy to walk to. Inside it's really cool-most of the walls are painted in warm colors and the remaining are exposed brick. It's my new favorite hangout-they have free wifi too!

It's really hard not to love Seattle, I can really see why people come out here and stay here. The vibe and attitude of the city is so laid back and outdoorsy. At the same time-I miss Chicago (yikes-never thought i would say that) and being a three hour drive away from family and friends. As we learned in policy school- there are always tradeoffs...

In other news, I think I'm going to take a ferry to Bainbridge Island this weekend-bike around and see what I can see. That should give me lots of good pics to share with ya'll. Time to go home-it's getting dark here...stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's becasue I'm old and out of shape. I think the hike was fremont mountain.

Anonymous said...

I want an update! Has nothing happened in the past two days?? :)


Looks beautiful.