Friday, July 14, 2006

Week Three-Done!


Next week will be my fourth week at my internship already! I really can't believe how quickly it's going. It really feels like there is no way I'll get a true grasp of how the agency operates in so short a time. The following week I'll be traveling to VT to interview a few peeps, I'm really looking forward to it-though I hear that there isn't much in Montpelier. We'll see.

In other news...this is my second weekend without Joel which I'm depressed about. To deal with my depression I'm going to take my new bike (isn't it pretty!?) on a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island. For those of you who are as ignorant of Seattle as I was-Seattle is not on the ocean. And there are mountains and land to the west. I'm going to an island that's about a 35 minute ferry ride across the bay. It's supposed to be a really neat island (cliffs...trees...water...etc) so I'm going to ride the 28 mile ride around the island...it's supposed to be pretty hilly check it out...

Should be a really good time...speaking of time...I plan on taking my time with this ride since I don't have a road bike out here-should be slow going. But that's okay-I have all day. So I'm going to take lots of pictures tomorrow and put some up so you can all enjoy.

Other than that-I have to say...the berries out here are amazing. I had the best raspberries of MY LIFE last weekend from the farmers market and the cherries are outstanding. Makes a person contemplate moving out here!

No comments: