Monday, July 31, 2006

Today is the day

After I finished work today I realized that at the completion of work today-I am now over half way finished with my internship. I can hardly believe it but I now have less than five weeks before I'm done in Seattle. It's really just flown by and has really been an amazing experience so far.

I also realized this weekend that I only have one more weekend here where I'm alone. Joel will be here this coming weekend (yeah!) and then the following weekend I have no visitors. But the weekend of the 19th my mom and sister are coming for a visit! Then I'm home for the last weekend in August and I'm done September 1st!

Reading my post about Vermont-I realize that I didn't really do it justice. Yeah, I was working a bunch but the food and atmosphere was amazing. Jancey-thanks for the suggestions. In Burlington, we ate on Church Street (which is a pedestrian walkway lined with shops and restaurants) twice. On Monday night when we went to Church Street-there was a band from the University playing jazz at a bar and you could hear it up and down the street. Pretty cool. We also saw Nectar's (which is the bar where the band Phish started...you can order fries with gravy from a walk up window!) In Montpelier-the downtown is filled with used book stores and independant coffee shops-we perused through quite a few! Then we ate at Main Street Grill which is part of the New England Culinary Institute.

Well-that's all for now. I'll leave you with a picture of the thing I miss second most since I moved to Seattle (Joel, of course is first!!). A very fat and affectionate cat...

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Hey Mol!!!! I've been to Necter's ! Hope you are well, Dad and I are doing well in Santa Fe!

Anonymous said...

Like I said, she's not fat, it's just the way she was sleeping!