Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Weavonomics

On Sunday, I discovered this fun yarn store in my neighborhood and they actually had some really great yarn on sale-so I bought some and I knit half of a scarf! It's turning out really nice and it looks kinda funky. I like it and I hope the person I'm knitting it for likes it to! I also bought a couple skeins of great crocheting yarn and I'm going to try a more difficult pattern (it looks like a shell) to make another scarf. I'm trying to become a better crocheter (i.e. a person who crochets!). When my mother-in-law died she was in the middle of crocheting an afghan (she was really talented) and I'd like to finish it but I don't have the pattern and I'm certainly not going to take the chance of ruining it. So I need to get better before I attempt it. Knitting and crocheting is really relaxing for me-I can just do it without putting much thought into it and I like that a bunch.

Here's a picture my dad took during their recent trip to Glacier National Park-he's a much better photographer than I am and I really love this picture. Thanks Dad!

I've been trying to read a bit out here too-and for those of you that like book suggestions...I just finished The Jane Austin Book Club which I really liked and am currently reading Three Junes on suggestion from my bro-in-law. I enjoyed JA Book Club and am enjoying Three Junes but it's a little too heavy for me so I've been taking it slow (lots of death).

You guys know me-I'm a pretty lefty liberal and I don't want this to be a political blog but just in case you haven't been keeping up on the news. 100 people a day-it makes my heart hurt. Read this and write someone to stop it.

No comments: